When pets in Devon lose their home (or are rescued from an inadequate one), the lucky ones end up with Animals in Distress. Animals in Distress run a Rescue Centre in which dogs, cats, rabbits and guinea pigs are cared for prior to being rehomed.
Animals in Distress live by a six point Mission Statement where they commit to:
- Caring for and nurturing any unwanted pet brought to them (providing there is room for them in the Rescue Centre and they are suitable for rehoming).
- Providing shelter, food, exercise and veterinary care.
- Not putting an animal to sleep without veterinary advice.
- Checking homes for suitability.
- Examining the condition of pets prior to rehoming (via their contracted veterinary surgeon).
- Treating their user groups with respect, understanding and courtesy while demonstrating an inherent sense of duty and helpfulness.
Animals in Distress also run a number of shops in the Devon area.